Entertainment, Media & Communications
Bringing together leading professionals from entertainment, media, and communications.
UJA-Federation of New York's Entertainment, Media & Communications Division is a community of distinguished industry leaders who invite you to join us at high-profile events, stimulating programs, and a rich variety of networking and social opportunities — all in support of the remarkable, lifesaving work of UJA-Federation.
Leadership Awards Dinner
- Join us for our annual Steven J. Ross Humanitarian of the Year Award, which recognizes the late Steven Ross — a visionary and architect of the Time Warner merger — whose legacy of generosity and kindness touched so many in the entertainment, media, and communications community and beyond.
- The award is presented at the Leadership Awards Dinner, the Entertainment, Media & Communications Division’s premier event, drawing international media attention.
Steven J. Ross Humanitarian of the Year Award Honorees
Stephen B. Burke
Richard D. Parsons
Ralph Roberts and Brian Roberts
Edward Bleier and Martin Pompadur
Edgar Bronfman, Jr.
EMC Programs & Speakers
Digital Media Speaker Series
- Join us for intimate discussions and insights on the current state of the industry with digital media leaders.
- Past guest speakers include Julian Brodsky, David Rosenblatt, and Dan Rosensweig.
Jewish Learning Series
- Join entertainment, media, and communications executives for bimonthly sessions to study, learn, and discuss Jewish culture.
Think Vehicles: Conversations With Leaders
- Join prominent individuals as they discuss current events and relevant industry topics.
- Guest speakers have included Ambassador Daniel Ayalon, Ambassador Dennis Ross, Fareed Zakaria, and Mort Zuckerman.
- Explore quarterly, hands-on opportunities to learn about UJA-Federation’s mission with other entertainment professionals.
- Make a gift of $1,000 or more to UJA-Federation’s annual campaign and become a member of Spotlight Circle, a group of young entertainment, media, and communications professionals.
- Participate in special events and many more exciting opportunities.
- Past speakers include Bill Hemmer, Larry Aidem, David Rosenblatt, Charles Goldstuck, Bob Meyers, Julia Ormond, Russell Wolff, and Kenneth Yaffe.
- Participate in the Entertainment, Media & Communication Division's Jewish Learning Series and mentoring program.
- Receive invitations to a variety of exciting events.
Executive Committee Membership Benefits
- Play a key role in building UJA-Federation of New York’s Entertainment, Media & Communications Division.
- Foster relationships with influential industry leaders.
- Manage and help direct the division’s fundraising efforts.
- Reach out to new donors.
- Involve members of the entertainment, media, and communications community in the work of UJA-Federation.
Matthew C. Blank
Aryeh B. Bourkoff
Howard J. Rubenstein
Arthur M. Siskind
David J. Stern
- Larry Aidem
- Harold E. Akselrad
- Craig Balsam
- Mark Besca
- Marnie Black
- Aryeh B. Bourkoff
- Fred Davis
- Stephen A. Ehrlich
- Adam Epstein
- Charles S. Feldman
- Michael Fricklas
- Louis P. Friedman
- Jeffrey Frumin
- Maggie Gallant
- Gary L. Ginsberg
- Daniel S. Glass
- Mark Goldstein
- Charles B. Goldstuck
- Matthew J. Hiltzik
- Lon Jacobs
- Marian J. Koltai-Levine
- Mark Lieberman
- Barbara A. Marcus
- Josh Marwell
- Bob Meyers
- Mark C. Morril
- Donna Orender
- Meryl Poster
- Jessica Reif-Cohen
- Nancy A. Rose
- Andrea Rosen
- David M. Sable
- Seth M. Siegel
- Russell E. Wolff
- Jeff Zucker