Sports for Youth, an initiative of UJA-Federation of New York, supports the helpful effect of sports on youngsters by enabling children of all backgrounds, as well as all ages and athletic abilities, to enjoy sports.
Sports for Youth provides grants for programs at UJA-Federation’s network of nearly 100 beneficiary agencies throughout the five boroughs, Westchester, and Long Island, and select projects overseas.
Local agencies eligible for Sports for Youth funding include JCCs, Ys and camps, as well as human-service agencies with sports-related programs. Funded projects have included refurbishing basketball courts, swimming pools, tennis and other sports facilities, plus providing necessary sports and safety equipment, sports programming, and sports education.
Sports for Youth Award Honorees
- The Lazarus Family: John, Mark, Craig & Peter
- Michael Levine
- Joe Steranka
- Russell Wolff
- Dick Ebersol
- Gary B. Bettman and Linda Cohn
- Brett Yormark and Kenneth Podziba
- Don Garber
- Donna Orender
- Mark Shapiro
- Willis Reed
- Joe Torre
- Craig Masback
Exclusive Briefing and Panel Series
These intimate discussions feature leaders in the field of sports who share their visions, ideas, and insights on the current state of their industry.
- Lisa Baird, United States Olympic Committee
- David Berson, CBS Sports
- Chris Bevilacqua, Bevilacqua Helfant Ventures
- Neil Glat, New York Jets
- David Levy, Turner Broadcasting System
- Jon Miller, NBC Sports and NBC Sports Network
- Jeffrey N. Pollack, World Series of Poker
- Mike Reisman, Velocity Sports & Entertainment
- Lewis Sherr, United States Tennis Association
- Frank Supovitz, National Football League
- Mary Wittenberg, New York Road Runners
- Russell E. Wolff, ESPN International
- Ken Yaffe, National Hockey League
- Gary Zenkel, NBC Olympics NBC Sports Group