King David Society
The King David Society (KDS) is a community of devoted individuals who inspire others through their exceptional generosity ($25,000 minimum annual gift).
- Monsignor Kevin Sullivan Will Join KDS Mission to Rome
Monday, November 4 ‒ Friday, November 8, 2013
Monsignor Kevin Sullivan, executive director of Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York, will join us as a scholar-in-residence to provide his unique insights about Catholic-Jewish relations.
For more information, please contact Rachel Millman at 212.836.1579 or or Susan Flanders at 212.836.1813 or .
- A Different Kind of Holocaust Story Featuring Father Patrick Desbois
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Father Patrick Desbois is a French Catholic priest who devotes himself to confronting anti-Semitism, researching the Holocaust, and improving relations between Catholics and Jews. A theologian, author, gentle interrogator of witnesses to the atrocities of the Holocaust, and recorder of their stories, Father Desbois’ helps us to never forget.
For more information, please contact Rachel Millman at 212.836.1579 or .
Elevating the Standards of Philanthropy
King David Society (KDS) members, who come from every professional and regional division at UJA-Federation of New York, enjoy exclusive briefings and cultural events.
- Noam Gershony, Israel’s First Paralympic Gold Medalist, told his extraordinary story of how his Apache helicopter crashed during the 2006 Second Lebanon War, and doctors didn’t think he’d survive. Last summer, this IDF vet took home the gold in singles tennis at London’s 2012 Paralympic Games. This program was a collaboration with UJA-Federation’s Sports for Youth.
- Hamptons Event with Ezekiel Emanuel, a noted oncologist and bioethicist — and brother of Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel and Hollywood super-agent Ari Emanuel — joined us at Carol and Jerry Levin’s home in the Hamptons. Dr. Emanuel discussed his family, their personal connection to Israel, and his book, Brothers Emanuel. He engaged in a dialogue about his role as a physician and bioethicist.
- Cocktails and an Exclusive Performance With Violinist Joshua Bell was hosted by Klara and Larry Silverstein. It featured a delightful evening of music at the World Trade Center.
- Asset Test: How the United Sates Benefits from Its Alliance with Israel featured Michael Eisenstadt and David Pollock from The Washington Institute for Near East Policy. They each discussed their groundbreaking report, and explored the U.S. - Israel relationship from a whole new perspective. Our speakers guided us through the myriad ways Israel helps the United States stay a military and economic superpower.
- UJA-Federation of New York’s William Rosenwald Mission Celebrating Israel’s 65th Anniversary traveled with nearly 200 members of our community, including a KDS bus, to experience an extraordinary adventure. Every day held meaningful experiences and exclusive encounters with top officials, thought-leaders, and celebrities, including President Shimon Peres, Jerusalem Mayor Nir Bakat, Finance Minister and Yesh Atid Chair Yair Lapid, Dalia Rabin, JDC CEO Alan Gill, JAFI Chairman Natan Sharansky, and Miss Israel Yityish Aynaw, to name just a handful.
Intimate Conversations, Global Impact
One-of-a-kind overseas missions to London, Cuba, Israel, and many other destinations include:
- Meetings with prominent members of Jewish communities.
- Private tours and receptions at renowned museums and institutions.
- Customized tours of historic Jewish neighborhoods and cultural attractions.
- Special visits to UJA-Federation beneficiary agencies.