King David Society
The King David Society (KDS) is a community of devoted individuals who inspire others through their exceptional generosity ($25,000 minimum annual gift).
- Solidarity Mission to Paris
Join the King David Society to learn firsthand about the challenges confronting French Jews today. We will be priviledged to have exclusive meetings with French senior political officials, Jewish community eaders, and the United States and Israeli ambassadors. Special visits to vibrant Jewish institutions will inform and reinforce our commitment to stand with Jews in France, throughout Europe, and around the world.
Mission Chairs: Amy A.B. Bressman, Alisa F. Levin and Charles M. Nathan, Harriet and Andrew Singer
- Mission to China: Beijing and Shanghai
Monday, March 9 ‒ Tuesday, March 17, 2015
The Jewish Federations of North America, together with UJA-Federation of New York, invite you to travel with the King David Society and experience China, one of the world’s earliest civilizations, a land steeped in beauty and mystery, and an emerging world power.
Pre-Mission to Xi’an: Friday, March 6 – Monday, March 9, 2015
Post-Mission to Hong Kong: Tuesday, March 17 ‒ Friday, March 20, 2015
For more information, please contact Marjorie Aaron at 212.836.1292 or .
Elevating the Standards of Philanthropy
King David Society (KDS) members, who come from every professional and regional division at UJA-Federation of New York, enjoy exclusive briefings and cultural events. Past events have included:
- KDS members attended an exclusive reception and gallery opening with remarks from guest speaker United Nations Ambassador Ron Prosor. The gallery event featured a photo exhibit of two of history’s giants; Prime Minister Menachem Begin and President Shimon Peres.
- Jonathan Tisch, co-chairman of the New York/New Jersey Super Bowl host committee, and Al Kelly, President and CEO of the host committee shared an insider perspective on how the Super Bowl made it here and the planning that went into insuring its success, including the impact on the local economy.
- A private docent-led tour of “Light and Shadows” created by Beit Hatfusot, the Museum of the Jewish People, showed the rich and complex history of Iran Jewry, and was enhanced by remarks by Irina Nezvlin, the museum’s chair of the board.
- KDS members gathered to hear Ambassador Mark Wallace, former United States Ambassador to the United Nations, and CEO of United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI) who shared his expertise and perspective on what is being done around the world to curb Iran’s nuclear powers.
- An exclusive performance by world-renowned and Grammy-Award winning violinist, Joshua Bell were enjoyed at the World Trade Center and hosted by Klara and Larry Silverstein.
Intimate Conversations, Global Impact
One-of-a-kind overseas missions to London, Cuba, Israel, and many other destinations include:
- KDS Mission to Rome
Monsignor Kevin Sullivan joined us as a scholar-in-residence to provide his unique insights about Catholic-Jewish relations.
- Meetings with prominent members of Jewish communities.
- Private tours and receptions at renowned museums and institutions.
- Customized tours of historic Jewish neighborhoods and cultural attractions.
- Special visits to UJA-Federation beneficiary agencies.