Give a Mitzvah–Do a Mitzvah
The Give a Mitzvah–Do a Mitzvah program enables bar and bat mitzvah students to create their own unique mitzvah project that connects their interests and hobbies to UJA-Federation of New York’s work around the world. Alongside a UJA-Federation mitzvah coordinator, participants brainstorm individual projects and then contribute their time, energy, and a portion (or all) of their gifts to this special mitzvah project.
Current Give a Mitzvah–Do a Mitzvah Projects:
- Lucy Cosgrove's Mitzvah Project
- Brooke Levine’s Mitzvah Project
- Noa Mintz's Mitzvah Project
- Sarah Moscovitz’s Mitzvah Project
- Charlotte Sack's Mitzvah Project
- Tom and Victor Shemia’s Mitzvah Project
- Ariel Stonberg's Mitzvah Project
Having a wedding, birthday, or anniversary celebration? Share a mitzvah, and you’ll have even more to celebrate. If you or a family member will be celebrating a momentous occasion, we offer you the opportunity to design a philanthropic mitzvah project around your celebration. It’s a great way to extend your personal joy into the lives of those less fortunate.
When you invite your guests, you can ask them to make a donation in lieu of gifts. We’ll help you pick a mitzvah project based on your interests, communicate the mitzvah project to your guests, and make the most positive impact possible.
Current Mitzvahs & Milestones Projects:
- Bankruptcy Committee's Mitzvahs & Milestones Project
- Beatrice and Robert Dweck’s Mitzvahs & Milestones Project
- Generosity & Young Wall Street Mission to Argentina Mitzvahs & Milestones Project
- Jewish Life in Cuba Mitzvahs & Milestones Project
- Joe Malfitano’s Mitzvah and Milestone Project
- Leslie Topper’s Mitzvahs & Milestones Project
- Winter Family Mission 2013