Sports for Youth
Sports for Youth, an initiative of UJA-Federation of New York, supports the helpful effect of sports on youngsters by enabling children of all backgrounds, as well as all ages and athletic abilities, to enjoy sports.
Sports for Youth provides grants for programs at UJA-Federation’s network of nearly 100 beneficiary agencies throughout the five boroughs, Westchester, and Long Island, and select projects overseas.
Local agencies eligible for Sports for Youth funding include JCCs, Ys and camps, as well as human-service agencies with sports-related programs. Funded projects have included refurbishing basketball courts, swimming pools, tennis and other sports facilities, plus providing necessary sports and safety equipment, sports programming, and sports education.
Sports for Youth Award Honorees
2013 - Michael Levine
2012 - Joe Steranka
2011 - Russell Wolff
2010 - Dick Ebersol
2009 - Gary B. Bettman and Linda Cohn
2008 - Brett Yormark and Kenneth Podziba
2007 - Don Garber
2006 - Donna Orender
2005 - Mark Shapiro
2004 - Willis Reed
2003 - Joe Torre
2002 - Craig Masback
Exclusive Briefing and Panel Series
These intimate discussions feature leaders in the field of sports who share their visions, ideas, and insights on the current state of their industry.
- Lisa Baird, United States Olympic Committee
- Chris Bevilacqua, Bevilacqua Helfant Ventures
- Neil Glat, New York Jets
- Jon Miller, NBC Sports and NBC Sports Network
- Jeffrey N. Pollack, World Series of Poker
- Mike Reisman, Velocity Sports & Entertainment
- Lewis Sherr, United States Tennis Association
- Frank Supovitz, National Football League
- Mary Wittenberg, New York Road Runners
- Russell E. Wolff, ESPN International
- Ken Yaffe, National Hockey League
- Gary Zenkel, President, NBC Olympics and President of Operations & Strategy, NBC Sports Group