Fresh Produce Drive
Help fight hunger in our community. Join UJA-Federation of New York, Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty, AmeriCorps, and Hazon for our third annual fresh produce drive, from Monday, September 16 – Monday, September 30, 2013.
In the spirit of the fall harvest season and Sukkot, Care to Share asks volunteers in our community to symbolically fulfill the Jewish custom of gleaning by donating fruits and vegetables for New Yorkers who cannot afford critical groceries.
Here's How You Can Help
- Serve as a drop-off site. If you are a local CSA, work with a volunteer manager to ask members to set aside a portion of their fresh produce shares. Participating CSAs will collect all items, to be distributed to a local food pantry. Register now to participate as a CSA.
- Become a volunteer manager.
- Purchase or grow your own fresh produce — and donate all items to a local CSA.
- Share our informational flyer (PDF).
- Spread the word! Engage with us on Facebook and Twitter. #Care2Share