We spark a passion for Jewish life and learning through creative outreach efforts. It’s about engaging the next generation on their terms. So they will write the next chapter in the story of the Jewish people.
The Challenge of Inspiring the Next Generation
- Reaching young Jewish adults by putting key Jewish experiences in their own hands and tapping into the desire of young people to change the world for the better and to help create a cleaner planet.
Last year, our collective impact helped provide:
- 170 teen boys with informal groups focused on their needs and interests through Moving Traditions' "The Brotherhood" program.
- 35,000 young Jewish adults from more than 50 countries with their first “organized” experience in Israel through Taglit-Birthright Israel trips.
- 30,000 college students with a better Jewish campus life through programs at 12 local Hillels.
- A Jewish Greening Fellowship program that helped 37 organizations including JCCs, Jewish summer camps, synagogues, Jewish day schools, and social service agencies save over $1.6 million through energy audits, energy efficiency upgrades, and renewable energy.
- Support for the Jewish Farm School, the environmental Jewish summer camp Eden Village, and Hazon which helps create sustainable communities.
- Monthly volunteer programs that engage young people from the community through Emerging Leaders & Philanthropists.
Learn about our new Center for Youth Philanthropy and Leadership for teens ages 11 to 17.
To find help or learn more about our network’s Jewish identity programs, please contact our J•1•1 Information and Referral Service at 877.852.6591 or , or read our special reports, Engaging Jewish Teens: A Study of New York Teens, Parents and Practitioners, and Cultural Events and Jewish Identity.
Your donation does so much for so many.