Last Revised: August 28, 2013
Your use of our Sites constitutes your acceptance of these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use this website.
Content on Our Sites
Our Sites include a combination of content that we, our users and other third parties create (collectively, the "Content"). All of the Content available through the Sites including, but not limited to, written content, photographs, graphics, images, illustrations, marks, logos, sound or video clips, and Flash animation, is trademarked or copyright protected. You may not use, store, display, modify, reproduce, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, or in any way exploit any of the materials or content on the Sites in whole or in part. If you would like to request permission to use any of the content on the Sites, please contact us at .
Posting and Transmitting Content
You are solely responsible for all materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, that you upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Sites ("Your Content"). By way of example and not as a limitation, the following Content is prohibited:
- copyrighted material and trademarks that are used without the express permission of the owner;
- advertisements, promotions, solicitations or offers to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose;
- content in which you impersonate another person or entity;
- content that, in the sole opinion of UJA-Federation, is pornographic, sexually explicit or obscene;
- content that, in the sole opinion of UJA-Federation, exploits children or minors;
- content that UJA-Federation has reason to believe was posted for malevolent purposes, including libel, slander, defamation or harassment;
- content that UJA-Federation, in its sole opinion, deems offensive to the Site community, including, but not limited to, blatant expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred or profanity;
- content that could be construed as electioneering, political advocacy or participation in campaign activity, including but not limited to providing information about a specific political candidate and/or a candidate's position on specific issues;
- content promoting or providing instructional information about illegal or illicit activities; or
- content that transmits or contains viruses, corrupted files, or any similar element.
We may from time to time, examine the Content on the Sites. We have the right, but not the obligation, to remove any Content that may, in our sole discretion, violate these Terms or that is otherwise objectionable. Nonetheless, you understand that by using the Sites, you may be exposed to Content that you find offensive or objectionable. Your use of the Sites constitutes your acknowledgment that you bear all risks associated with using that Content.
We are not responsible for the loss, deletion, failure to store, misdelivery, or untimely delivery of any Content submitted to or transmitted through the Sites.
You may not use the Sites in any manner that interferes with our normal operations or with the use and enjoyment of another user. You may access the Sites and the Content only through the interfaces provided by us. You agree to use the Sites and the services only for their intended lawful purpose and in accordance with applicable laws.
Grant of License
You certify that you own all intellectual property rights in Your Content. When you post or transmit Your Content on or through the Sites you grant UJA-Federation a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, sublicensable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, transfer, transmit, distribute, and publish Your Content and subsequent versions of Your Content for the purposes of (i) displaying Your Content on the Sites, (ii) distributing Your Content, either electronically or via other media, to users seeking to download or otherwise acquire it, and/or (iii) storing Your Content in a remote database accessible by end users, for a charge. This license shall apply to the distribution and the storage of Your Content in any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed.
Conduct on Our Sites
If we request registration information from you, you will provide us with true, accurate, current, and complete information. You will promptly update your registration to keep it accurate, current, and complete. If we issue you a password, you may not reveal it to anyone else, and you may not use another person's password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your accounts and passwords. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your passwords or accounts or any other breach of security. You also agree to exit from your accounts at the end of each session. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that may result if you fail to comply with these requirements.
The technology and the software underlying the Sites and the Services is the property of UJA-Federation and our contractors. You agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, reverse engineer, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right to the technology or software underlying the Sites or the Services. You agree not to modify the software underlying the Sites in any manner or in any form or to use modified versions of such software, including, without limitation, for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Sites.
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use our Sites to take any of the following actions:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- publish, post, upload, email, distribute, or disseminate (collectively, "Transmit") any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful content;
- Transmit files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage or adversely affect the operation of another person's computer, the Sites, any software or hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial or other purpose;
- Transmit surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, spam, unsolicited advertising or promotional materials, or chain letters;
- download any file that you know or reasonably should know cannot be legally obtained in such manner;
- falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or the source of software or other material;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any public area within the Sites;
- collect or store personal information about other end users;
- interfere with or disrupt the Sites, servers, or networks;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a UJA-Federation representative, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or manipulate identifiers or other data in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Sites or to manipulate your presence on the Sites;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- engage in any illegal activities.
If you choose a username that, in our sole discretion, is obscene, indecent, abusive or that might otherwise subject us to public disparagement or scorn, we reserve the right, without prior notice to you, to automatically change your username, delete your posts from the Sites, deny you access to the Sites, or employ any combination of these options.
Unauthorized access to the Sites is a breach of these Terms and a violation of the law. You agree not to access the Sites by any means other than through the interface that is provided by UJA-Federation for use in accessing the Sites. You agree not to use any automated means, including, without limitation, agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access, monitor, or copy any part of the Sites, except those automated means that we have approved in advance and in writing.
Use of the Sites is subject to existing laws and legal process. Nothing contained in these Terms shall limit our right to comply with governmental, court, and law-enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Sites.
Some of the Services may be subject to additional posted conditions. Your use of those Services is subject to those conditions, which are incorporated into these Terms by reference. In the event of an inconsistency between these Terms and any additional posted conditions, the provisions of the additional conditions shall control.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to take any of the following actions, in our sole discretion, at any time and for any reason without giving you any prior notice:
- change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of our Services;
- refuse, move, or remove any content;
- refuse to register any user name that may be deemed offensive;
- establish general practices, fees and policies concerning the Sites and the Services we provide.
You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for taking any of these actions.
You understand and agree that our Services may include communications such as service announcements and administrative messages from us and that these communications are considered part of the Services. You will be able to opt out of receiving these messages.
The Sites Do Not Provide Professional Advice
The Sites are intended to provide general information about UJA-Federation, its mission and the agencies which we support and to provide individuals with an online community for the sharing of ideas. The Sites are not engaged in the provision of professional advice or information. Content posted on the Sites should be considered as opinion only and should not be taken as a substitute for, without limitation, legal, medical or other professional advice from a qualified service provider. Always seek the direct advice of your physician or another health care professional in connection with any questions you may have regarding your own health or the health of your family members. We make no representations or warranties concerning any action taken by any person in reliance on the information provided through the Sites. We will not be liable for any damages that may result, including but not limited to direct, indirect, consequential, special or other damages or economic loss, illness, injury or death.