Jewish values teach us that to take care of those in need is to take care of ourselves, and that joy is found in giving. Below you will find actions you can take to help others — without leaving home.
For Families With Children
- Go through your children’s gently used clothes and organize for future donation to Little Essentials
- Join the city every night at 7:00 pm to celebrate those on the front lines
- Send a card, letter, or essay to an isolated senior who has become effectively homebound because of the Covid-19 outbreak
- Teach a child in your family how to cook a family recipe — or find more kid-friendly cooking projects at kveller.com/article/all-recipes or JewishFoodExperience.com
- Help Repair the World provide critical supplies to our neighbors
- Show your appreciation for healthcare workers by calling the Health Hero Hotline
- Organize a sing-along out the window of your apartment building
- Pool with friends to send a meal to a local hospital staff, fire department, police department, EMT staff, or other first responders
- Make and package food in the comfort of your own home, and then drop off the individually-packaged food any day, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, to CHiPS and help provide meals to our neighbors
Visit our volunteer opportunity page for a list of projects that you can do from home, both for individuals and families who want to help: ujafedny.org/volunteer/coronavirus
* The contents of this notice are for general informational purposes only, and do not constitute a recommendation or an endorsement of any service provider. Information about organizations that have no affiliation with or relationship to UJA-Federation may be included. UJA-Federation has not independently confirmed or verified the information about the organizations listed herein. UJA-Federation assumes no obligation with respect to the health or well-being of the individuals who use any information contained herein and disclaims all liability for injury or losses that may arise out of the use of information provided by UJA-Federation. Reliance on any information in this notice is at the reader’s own risk. The information is not intended to be used to promote, market, or recommend any transaction, service provider, or business cited herein.