Afya is delivering personal protective equipment to New York healthcare workers, with a special focus on healthcare systems supporting vulnerable populations. Since the COVID-19 crisis began, Afya has mobilized to deliver 786,752 masks to healthcare workers at 158 facilities across New York and beyond.
Support healthcare workers in New York by volunteering to sort and package essential PPE and other medical supplies. Click "sign up" to get started today!
Afya is taking every precaution to ensure the safety of volunteers:
- Only 15 volunteers per day will be permitted in their warehouse.
- All volunteers must sign up beforehand; no walk-ins will be permitted.
- Volunteer hours are Monday to Friday from 10AM to 2PM.
- All volunteers will fill out a health questionnaire and have their temperatures taken at the start of each volunteer session.
- All volunteers are required to practice social distancing while at the warehouse.
- All volunteers will be given a mask and gloves to wear.
- All surfaces will be regularly cleaned by Afya staff.
*UJA has asked its nonprofit partners to confirm that all service projects comply with government rules, regulations, and safety guidelines.