The King David Society (KDS) recognizes the generosity of those who are setting new standards of philanthropic achievement. Members have made an individual or family gift of $25,000 or more to the annual campaign.
With an average attendance of 75 – 100 people, there are about a dozen select, high-level briefings and cultural events open only to KDS members annually. In addition, each year 15- to 30-person KDS missions travel to various countries around the world.
Past events include:
- A discussion with Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat on the future of Israel and Jerusalem
- A pre-release screening of the film Woman in Gold starring Helen Mirren, followed by a Q&A session with director Simon Curtis
- An intimate concert with world-famous violinist Joshua Bell and the Academy of St Martin in the Fields Orchestra at 7 World Trade Center
- A comprehensive briefing with Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks on the importance of good leadership in the Jewish community
- A private tour of the Helena Rubinstein exhibit at the Jewish Museum
Past missions include:
- A solidarity mission to Paris to meet with Jewish leaders to express our support during a time of increased anti-Semitic incidents
- Traveling to Cuba to meet with Jewish community members and leaders at a turning point for the country