If you’re wondering how to volunteer, UJA-Federation of New York offers great opportunities for you to make a difference.
How to volunteer? It’s easy.
- Hands-On Projects. Select a project that reflects your interests and fits into your busy schedule. And, bring your children along. You can plant a garden at a geriatric center, deliver food packages to the hungry, tutor a troubled teen, and so on. There are many ways how to volunteer!
- Pro Bono Consulting. Help a beneficiary agency operate more efficiently and cost-effectively. Agency professionals will value your time and expertise, as you work on challenging projects. Opportunities are available in all fields: marketing, advertising, finance, fundraising, management.
- Leadership Opportunities. Make important decisions that will affect the future of our community. Find out how you can participate on an agency board, or on a committee or task force at UJA-Federation.
- Give a Mitzvah – Do a Mitzvah Program. Teach your children how to volunteer and about the importance of charity, as they prepare for their bar or bat mitzvah. Through this program, they can donate their time, energy, and a portion (or all) of their gifts to their own special project.
Special Volunteer Opportunities
- Help the elderly by participating in a project that provides much-needed support and services to aging populations.
- Find out how to volunteer and take advantage of the summer weather with summer volunteer projects.
- Participate in a back to school volunteer project and help local students excel.
- Numerous High Holiday volunteer opportunities are offered to help make the new year better for the neediest in our community.
- Help fight hunger in our community through a fresh produce drive during the harvest holiday of Sukkot.
- Commemorate the tragic events of 9/11 by learning how to volunteer at a 9/11 volunteer project during the annual week of service and remembrance.
- Help those still suffering the effects of Hurricane Sandy through a Hurricane Sandy volunteer project.
- Celebrate Hanukkah, Thanksgiving, and the holiday season with holiday volunteer projects.
Learn about how to volunteer and the volunteer services we offer.