The Young Professional Women’s Group (YPW) enables young professional women in their 20s and 30s from diverse industries to experience a strong sense of community with like-minded peers. YPW offers a continuum of programming, including individual and group mentoring by senior-level Jewish businesswomen, volunteering, and engaging in philanthropy through UJA-Federation of New York.
YPW’s past programs include:
Boardroom briefings are group mentoring programs that provide exclusive access to senior-level professional Jewish women. In an intimate group setting, professional women discuss their career paths and commitment to philanthropy as well as advise young professional women. Past speakers include:
- Nurit Amdur, co-founder and CEO of Alex Toys
- Jennifer Appel, founder of Buttercup Bake Shop
- Jane Friedman, CEO of Open Road Integrated Media and former president and CEO of HarperCollins Publishers Worldwide
- Alisa Levin, co-founder of Greene-Levin-Snyder LLC Legal Search Group
- Harriet Mouchly-Weiss, vice chairman at Kreab, Gavin, Anderson
- Andrea Nierenberg, president of the Nierenberg Group
Powerful Women, Powerful Stories Speaker Series
The Powerful Women, Powerful Stories series highlights successful women who are icons in their fields and role models for future generations of professional women. Past speakers include:
- Catherine Birndorf, psychiatrist and founding director of the Payne Whitney Women’s Program at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Tory Burch, fashion designer
- Lucy Danziger, editor-in-chief at Self magazine
- Linda Fairstein, prosecutor, best-selling crime novelist, and one of the foremost legal experts on crimes of violence against women and children
- Alexandra Lebenthal, president and CEO of Lebenthal & Company
- Muriel Siebert, CEO at Muriel Siebert and Co., Inc., and the first woman member of the New York Stock Exchange
Individual Mentoring Program
The Individual Mentoring Program provides mentoring opportunities between senior-level and young professional women who support UJA-Federation through their involvement in YPW. The program is designed to assist young Jewish professional women in navigating their career paths while maintaining a strong connection to philanthropy and the Jewish community.
Volunteer opportunities allow YPW members to make a difference in our community by participating in the vital work of UJA-Federation’s beneficiary agencies.
Social and Cultural Opportunities
At social and cultural events, YPW members enjoy quality time with peers who share their commitment to making the world a better place. Past programs include a holiday party at Eve Pearl Makeup Studio & Boutique, YPW Spring Party at Tribeca Towers, and Israeli Women in Art featuring noted Israeli archaeologist Dr. Anna de Vincenz.
YPW Chairs: Amanda Siegel & Jennifer Sultan
Get more information about Women's Philanthropy.