Our support is critical because many people with physical, emotional, and developmental disabilities feel alienated from their communities, complicating an already challenging life. Sometimes, the entire family feels marginalized. We open the doors to acceptance and inclusion.
Many People Are Living With Disabilities
- 3.7 million New Yorkers have some kind of disability.
- 1 in 68 children in the U.S. are born with autism every year.
- 65% of working-age people with disabilities are unemployed.
Last year, our collective impact provided:
- Support for 6,087 children with autism in the New York area, helping them make new friends through educational and recreational programs.
- Expert mentorship to six synagogues in the New York area to promote inclusion at religious schools, religious services, teen youth groups, and community events.
- And in the last seven years, advocacy to secure $10.6 million in city funding for autism services.
To find help or learn more about our network’s programs and services for people with disabilities, please contact our J•1•1 Information and Referral Service at 877.852.6951 or .
Your donation does so much for so many.