Educational Alliance is a community-based organization offering a wide range of programs that integrate education, social services, arts, and recreation throughout Downtown Manhattan.
Come volunteer at Ed Alliance's Center for Recovery and Wellness (CRW)! CRW is open twice weekly for its Free Brown Bag program. Through this program, CRW distributes over 300 bags of food to the community each week.
As a volunteer, you will assist in some or all of the below activities:
- Unload donated boxes of food from trucks and organize
- Repack food items from boxes into "free brown bags"
- Assist in distributing these free brown bags to community members – this will involve interacting with community members and tracking bag distribution
- Help with clean up
What is your commitment?
- Shifts are every Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:00 – 6:00 pm. Sign up as frequently or infrequently as desired. Any help you can provide is appreciated
Apply to be a food pantry volunteer if you are...
- Over the age of 14
- Able to comfortably stand for long periods of time and lift objects up to 15 lbs
- Bonus if you can speak Cantonese or Mandarin. Please let the CRW staff know upon arrival
Wait! Your signup isn’t done. Please wait to be redirected or click on the link below to our partner site to finish registering for this volunteer opportunity.