Congregation Kehilath Jeshurun and UJA-Federation of New York are longtime partners in doing good together. At this moment, we must come together to lift up New York. We’re feeding families and helping them find employment. We’re ensuring no one feels alone in their anxiety and grief. We’re sustaining our treasured Jewish institutions so they can continue to be there for us. However, we simply cannot do this work alone. Together with the KJ community, we’re lifting lives and helping our community get back on its feet, from our expansive response to the Covid-19 pandemic to standing up to rising antisemitism.
It is only through your continued support that UJA can continue to positively impact millions of lives each year. Together, we can reaffirm our commitment to the values that bind us: tzedakah, chesed, and kehilah.
We have the potential to do so much good. Here are some of the critical services you can provide:
- $1,800 can provide vital supplemental support for a homebound Holocaust survivor living on a fixed income
- $1,500 can alleviate isolation for 24 low-income older adults through Selfhelp’s Virtual Senior Center
- $1,000 can provide a bullet-proof vest for a security volunteer in Israel at a Jewish institution that has recently been the target of an antisemitic attack
- $500 can provide the monthly cash allowance stipend for a woman living in a domestic violence shelter
- $360 can prevent electricity shutoff for a low-income family
- $180 can serve 18 home-delivered meals to a senior