All Data provided in “The Facts” are either from Jewish Community Study 2011 or 2011 1-Year American Community Study from the Census Bureau except for the data highlighted below. Where possible, data represent the 8-county-region.
• Data on 2020 Holocaust survivor estimates are pulled from https://www.selfhelp.net/pdf/holocaust-survivor-program/Selfhelp-Holocaust-Survivors-in-New-York.pdf and represent NYC only
• Data on mental health are pulled from three sources:
Data on general mental health and alcohol abuse are taken from the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute analysis of Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System 2016 and NYC Data from
Data on self-inflicted injuries are taken from https://www.nyskwic.org/get_data/indicator_profile.cfm?subIndicatorID=17, NYS Department of Health; Public Health Information Group; Statewide Planning and Research Cooperative System (SPARCS)
• Data on incarceration are taken from two sources:
• Data on unemployment rates for Haredi men are taken from the Israel Democracy Institute, https://en.idi.org.il/haredi/2019/?chapter=29393
• Data on Arabs in Israel are from the Israeli Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS),